At King Arthur’s we expect our students to look and feel smart as this reflects the sense of ambition we have for our young people.
The notion of uniform is that students look smart and ready to work, that there is equality in the uniform; as such fashion items that mark students out are not acceptable, a smart uniform also instils a sense of belonging giving a clear identity to King Arthur’s students.
We would ask that parents and carers ensure that when purchasing uniform that it is correct; if ever unsure it is better to contact the school than make a purchase that is not appropriate.
The Code of Dress
- School Blazer: The School Blazer
- TIE: School clip on tie
- SKIRT/TROUSERS: Plain black smart trousers (not fashion trousers) or plain black pleated knee length skirt
- SHIRT: Plain white shirt or fitted shirt suitable to wear with a tie (a top button is required)
- JUMPER: A plain black v neck jumper that allows approximately 7cm (3 inches) of the school tie to be visible SOCKS or TIGHTS: White or black socks or black tights.
- SHOES: Plain black shoes (not trainers, boots or shoes with colouring)
- JEWELLERY/MAKEUP – One pair of small stud earrings (one in each ear lobe) and a wrist watch may be worn (medic alert bracelets/necklaces may be worn). No other visible piercings. Light and natural looking make-up may be worn. Clear nail varnish only may be used. Hair should be neat, of natural colour and no extreme styles.
- Royal blue polo shirt – with surname on the back
- Black shorts or Girls navy skirt
- Dark tracksuit bottoms
- Navy PE sweatshirt
- White sports socks or blue football socks
- School swimwear (one piece girls costume) and towel
- Trainers (non marking)
- Football boots & shin pads (all students need these for football & hockey)
- Mouth guard (needed for hockey/rugby)
- School rugby shirt
- A King Arthur’s rain-jacket is available from RAM Sports. Students may wear this to school and for outdoor PE lessons and fixtures. The jacket was chosen by the School Council.
VERY IMPORTANT Please mark all items with the owner’s name so that lost articles can be returned.