Friends of King Arthurs Community School
Who are we?
We are a small team of staff and parents who would welcome anyone from the community who has links with the school, to join us.
What do we do?
We meet as a committee about once a term and organise various fund-raising events throughout the year and serve refreshments at school concerts and parents evenings. All the money raised is used directly for the benefit of the students, in the purchase of equipment, books and transport to events that the school budget will not stretch to.
At the beginning of each new school year we receive bids from the different departments and clubs for funding.
In the last four years FOKAS have raised around £13,000 and funded lots of extra resources and equipment for the school, including the following:
· to purchase baseball caps with the school logo on for outside events, aprons, muffin tins, tea towels and cake moulds also food processors and pasta machines (the Catering Group)
· to purchase GCSE homework books for the Maths Department, and a subscription to the ‘My Maths‘ website
· to pay for music workshops
· to purchase a class set of headphones for the PSHE programme
· to purchase tape measures and software on global warming for the Geography Department
· to purchase items for KS3 development in Design Technology
· to purchase a new set of microscopes for the Science Department
· to purchase a digital SLR camera and frames to display students art work
Want to join us?
We meet about once each half term, usually on a Tuesday evening in The Nog, Wincanton. We are always keen to welcome new members who are able to offer support in organising our events. If you cannot commit to attending meetings, but are happy to help serving refreshments at a school concert or open evening, running a stall at the fete or even helping to clear- up after an event – please still get in touch! Even if you just know of a great idea for an event, let us know. If you would like to help please contact the school office.
These are some of the events that we have recently organised…
CHRISTMAS BINGO – HOLLYWOOD THEMED BALL
KA QUIZ NIGHT – SUMMER FETE – BOOT FAIR
Do you have any good ideas of ways to raise money that we haven’t tried?
Or would be happy to support?
The money raised really does make a difference