Admissions to King Arthur’s School
Throughout Somerset there is a policy of “local schools for local children”. Each school is surrounded by a
catchment area from which its students come. King Arthur’s School has nine designated catchment
- Wincanton Primary School
- Our Lady’s of Mount Carmel
- Upton Noble Primary School
- Bruton Primary School
- St Nicholas Henstridge Primary School
- Horsington Primary School
- Charlton Horethorn Primary School
- Abbas and Templecombe Primary School
- Milborne Port Primary School
However, parents and carers can apply to King Arthur’s even if they do not live in the catchment area.
Parents will be given their first choice preference of school wherever possible. Where demand exceeds
available places preference is given in the following order:
- Students with a statement of Special Educational Needs that names King Arthur’s as the
- Students whose older brother or sister is attending the school
- Students who live closest to the school
It is not expected that any parents who have expressed a preference will be refused admission to King
Arthur’s School for their son or daughter.
A programme is in place to ensure a positive experience for students transferring to King Arthur’s School
and our arrangements are reviewed with our partner schools each year to achieve the best possible
transition. In addition to the Open Evening in September, there are contacts throughout the year
between staff at King Arthur’s and those at our partner schools. Later in the year there will be contact
with the Head of Lower School / SENDCO and tutors who will be responsible for the students on transfer.
Your son or daughter will have the opportunity to visit King Arthur’s during the school day towards the
end of the summer term to get a first hand experience of the school. Parents and students will also be
invited to an induction evening.
Should you wish to visit the school at any other time or need an answer to a question please telephone
us so that we can help you.
Further details of admissions can be found at