Welcome to King Arthur's School
A warm welcome to King Arthur’s Community School. We serve the beautiful, historic town of Wincanton and its surrounding villages. The school’s motto of RESPECT, PRIDE and COURAGE was developed by students after researching the legends of King Arthur and underpins how we work as a community of learners.
Our vision and mission statement below have been developed by students, staff and governors giving a clear view of what matters to us.
If you are a prospective parent who would like to tour the school please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to welcome you to our school.
King Arthur’s is a school…
- where students are happy and achieve to their potential
- with a reputation for excellent standards of behaviour
- that produces students who are well prepared for the world of work: ambitious, reliable, literate, numerate and with good social skills
- where all staff are valued and enjoy their work
- where students have a voice, take responsibility for their own learning and the consequences of their actions
- where there is a consistency in the experience students have regarding their learning opportunities, rewards and sanctions
- where all connected with the school take a pride in building a strong community
End of term arrangements
The last day of term is Friday 19th December - school will finish at 1.30pm (school transport has been arranged for this time and students will be able to eat or collect their lunch during an extended morning break). Students will be able to wear non-uniform on this day with a suggested donation of 50p which will be donated to the charity each House has selected for the year.
Start of Spring Term
There is a staff training day on Monday 5th January, therefore school re-starts for students on Tuesday 6th January.
SCHOOL SMARTPHONE APP AVAILABLE!
The latest way to receive school news.
Please click on image under 'Resources' to the right of this page.