Welcome to King Arthur's School
A warm welcome to King Arthur’s Community School. We serve the beautiful, historic town of Wincanton and its surrounding villages. The school’s motto of RESPECT, PRIDE and COURAGE was developed by students after researching the legends of King Arthur and underpins how we work as a community of learners.
Our vision and mission statement below have been developed by students, staff and governors giving a clear view of what matters to us.
If you are a prospective parent who would like to tour the school please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to welcome you to our school.
King Arthur’s is a school…
- where students are happy and achieve to their potential
- with a reputation for excellent standards of behaviour
- that produces students who are well prepared for the world of work: ambitious, reliable, literate, numerate and with good social skills
- where all staff are valued and enjoy their work
- where students have a voice, take responsibility for their own learning and the consequences of their actions
- where there is a consistency in the experience students have regarding their learning opportunities, rewards and sanctions
- where all connected with the school take a pride in building a strong community
New phone system installation
During the Easter break we have had a new phone system installed. Our phone number is still the same 01963 32368.
- Please press 1 to speak to report a pupil absence.
- Please press 2 to speak to the Finance Department.
- Please hold to speak to Reception.
Sign up for Success
The GCSE examinations start on 16th May. To support our students we are running Masterclass sessions to help with key topics. The sessions being run are below:
Students are able to sign up to these sessions during morning tutor registration. With only a few days before they start their examinations we will support all of our students to achieve their best.