Welcome to King Arthur's School
A warm welcome to King Arthur’s Community School. We serve the beautiful, historic town of Wincanton and its surrounding villages. The school’s motto of RESPECT, PRIDE and COURAGE was developed by students after researching the legends of King Arthur and underpins how we work as a community of learners.
Our vision and mission statement below have been developed by students, staff and governors giving a clear view of what matters to us.
If you are a prospective parent who would like to tour the school please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to welcome you to our school.
King Arthur’s is a school…
- where students are happy and achieve to their potential
- with a reputation for excellent standards of behaviour
- that produces students who are well prepared for the world of work: ambitious, reliable, literate, numerate and with good social skills
- where all staff are valued and enjoy their work
- where students have a voice, take responsibility for their own learning and the consequences of their actions
- where there is a consistency in the experience students have regarding their learning opportunities, rewards and sanctions
- where all connected with the school take a pride in building a strong community
GCSE Results 2014
We were pleased to see so many of our students collecting results and able to move on to their chosen destinations post 16. There were some very impressive individual results including
Holly Austin 6 A* 5 A
Charlie Miners 6A* 3A 2B 1 C
Kieran James 4A* 6A 2B 1C
Mitch Stock 2A* 5A 5B
Betony Coleman 2A* 5A 6B
Leigh Vanden Heede 1A* 5A 4B 2C
Matthew England (Head of House) 7A 5B 1C
Julia Blackmore 1A* 3 A 7B
Hannah Paddison 4A 7B 2C
Georgina Sutton 5A 4B 2C
Georgia Bailey 4A 10B
Jesse Chamberlain 4A 4B 4C
Overall the school saw an increase in the number of students achieving A*C grades in both Maths and English (49%) with 40% of students achieving 5 or more A*C grades including Maths and English
SCHOOL SMARTPHONE APP NOW AVAILABLE!
The latest way to receive school news.
Please click on image under 'Resources' to the right of this page.