Welcome to King Arthur's School
A warm welcome to King Arthur’s Community School. We serve the beautiful, historic town of Wincanton and its surrounding villages. The school’s motto of RESPECT, PRIDE and COURAGE was developed by students after researching the legends of King Arthur and underpins how we work as a community of learners.
Our vision and mission statement below have been developed by students, staff and governors giving a clear view of what matters to us.
If you are a prospective parent who would like to tour the school please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to welcome you to our school.
King Arthur’s is a school…
- where students are happy and achieve to their potential
- with a reputation for excellent standards of behaviour
- that produces students who are well prepared for the world of work: ambitious, reliable, literate, numerate and with good social skills
- where all staff are valued and enjoy their work
- where students have a voice, take responsibility for their own learning and the consequences of their actions
- where there is a consistency in the experience students have regarding their learning opportunities, rewards and sanctions
- where all connected with the school take a pride in building a strong community
Dates for your diary:
Year 10/11 Science Live Trip: 28th January, 9.00am-4.30pm
Year 9 Options Evening: Thursday 29th January, from 6.30pm
Wembley Arena National Indoor Hockey Finals Trip: Sunday 25th January, 9.00am-9.00pm
FOKAS Bingo: Thursday 5th February, 6.30pm for a 7.00pm start
Year 11 Photo: Monday 9th February PLEASE NOTE CHANGED DATE
SPRING HALF TERM: Monday 16th - Friday 20th February
FOKAS Quiz Night: Thursday 5th March, 7.00pm
INSET Day (School closed to students): Friday 13th March
SCHOOL SMARTPHONE APP AVAILABLE!
The latest way to receive school news.
Please click on image under 'Resources' to the right of this page.