Welcome to King Arthur’s School
King Arthur’s is a 11-16 school in the historic Somerset town of Wincanton. We serve the local community across the area including surrounding villages in Dorset and Somerset. The school is working in close partnership with the Sherborne Area Schools’ Trust, the North Dorset Teaching School Alliance and the Tower Learning to provide an excellent education for all.
Our website is in the process of being updated and redesigned. Please do contact the school directly if you would like to know more about the school and opportunities available.
Our aims are to:
- Create a challenging, inclusive, collaborative, creative and happy learning community;
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning, honesty and respect for others, with a collective will to bring out the best in every student in our care.
- Instil in students a belief that they can and will achieve beyond expectations in order to meet their dreams and lead their lives;
- Enable students to take their place in the world as happy, healthy, kind, confident, ambitious & independent individuals, with enquiring minds ready to face the challenges of tomorrow.
All students at King Arthur’s Community school can expect to be:
- Educated in a safe, small and friendly learning environment
- Actively involved in learning
- Personally developed as unique individuals with the character and skills they will require for the next step in their learning journeys
- Given regular feedback, challenge and support
- Treated fairly by all and respected for their personal qualities and differences
- Valued for their achievements
- Encouraged to play a meaningful part in the school and wider community